As I do every year, I look back to see how I did on my resolutions. You can read that blog post below! Overall I wish I did better. Some of my resolutions from 2014 will make it to the 2015 list. I am happy to say that my list of resolutions is getting shorter each year as I accomplish some things.
I still have to improve on my diabetes A1C, I need to get in shape again, I need work, and I have to take stock of some things and find peace. So that's my 2015 focus.
Here's the Fab Five list!
1) Lower my diabetes A1C to 7.
2) Sign on a few Precious Web Design jobs.
3) Sign on a few Virtual Administrative Services jobs.
4) Develop a fitness plan for myself that includes weights and walking/jogging.
5) Remove the bad things from my life that are dragging me down.
Some of you may think it's silly to even have resolutions. The way I see it, resolutions are a good way of keeping yourself on track, in check, and improving. Happy New Year and always be improving!
MY NINE RESOLUTIONS REVIEW 2014
So how did I do? Time to review.
1) Lower my diabetes A1C to 7 from 8
I have to give myself an "IP" for in progress. As of today, my A1C has remained the same, it's not worse, not better. I still believe that I can achieve this goal and will keep it on my 2015 list.
2) Sign on 3 web design jobs
At the half year review, I gave myself a B- with the intent of signing up at least one client. I did sign one client! So I get an A!
3) Find the job I want; part time, challenges me, allows me to use my skills, at a company that recognizes and rewards excellence. (does this even exist anymore?)
At the half year review, I reported the good news that I had a found a wonderful job. I was working as an Executive Assistant to a Realtor. Sadly the job ended because they wanted to hire me on a contract basis rather than as an employee. I am hoping to get some work from that client this year! I'll give myself an A but the search goes on.
4) Drink more water
I will give myself a B- on this. I am definitely drinking more water!
5) Walk increasing distances all year
I should have made this one Sleep increasing amounts all year! I have not gotten out to jog or walk. F-fail! I will try again in 2015 but with a little different plan.
6) Do more with Chris
It was a rough year and I definitely did more with Chris on my own than ever before, just not fun stuff. B-!
7) Publish another poetry book
Well I am happy to say that I do have a book of poetry written - I just have not published it yet. I hope to get that done in 2015. A-
8) Meditate and de-stress
I have definitely learned to take deep breaths, rest, and do things to de-stress like gardening and cooking. More is needed, so I'll take a B!
9) Re-vamp my gardens in the Spring
So happy to say that I get an A+ for this! I spent lots of time in the gardens, planting and moving things around. This helped me toward de-stressing and I enjoyed just watching things bloom!
It's me, just trying to get by.